The list of top wine exporting countries to the US might surprise you.
In 2017, Americans purchased $6.2 billion of imported wine, and our preferences are shifting.
World’s Top Exports looked at the percentage change of imports to the US since 2013.
Within the top 10 exporting countries, favorites with an increasing growth rate:
- Italy $1.94 billion, +15.2%
- France $1.92 billion, +29.7%
- New Zealand $440.7 million, +50.8%
- Spain $379 million, +5.1%
- Portugal $104.6 million, +19.8%
While Americans are drinking less wine from these countries showing declining growth rates:
- Australia $438.4 million, -17.9%
- Argentina $322.3 million, -20.3%
- Chile $306.1 million, -11.8%
- Germany $110.6 million, -11.8%
- South Africa $58.9 million, -20.8%
Interested in knowing more about what Seaman’s Beverage & Logistics is seeing in the wine and spirits industries?
With almost 1400% growth in the last three years, Seaman’s is fast becoming New Jersey’s wholesale distributor and national public warehouse of choice for wine and spirits. We offer temperature-controlled warehousing, storage, State and Federal compliance, financing, and logistics.
Our straightforward, flexible style helped us land on the NJBIZ Fast 50 in 2017.
Contact us at (973) 424-0600.